MnM Everton Heroes
The megalopolis of Everton exists in an alternate version of Earth, where the Cascadia region broke away from the United States and Canada to become an independent nation.
Everton is the largest city in the independent nation of Cascadia, the largest city by land area in the world, and the fifth most populous city in the world.
Everton’s boundaries expand from real world Juneau, Alaska to Yellowstone National Park at its widest points. It is made of 27 Wards, each acting as an individual city, but ultimately part of the greater metropolis.
A large amount of Everton’s land area is occupied by national parks and wilderness, and like many of the world’s Mega-cities, it makes use of Arcology technology. This allows it to have a population in the Billions of people.
The 27 Wards of Everton are
1. Northport: The northern-most oceanside Ward, occupying the area around real world Juneau, Alaska. It’s demographics are dominated by people of Russian and Inuit descent.
2. Southport: The southern-most oceanside Ward. It’s population largely consists of people of Asian descent, and the Kokuren yakuza family exerts much control of the Ward.
3. Central Ward: The Central Ward of Everton occupies the greater area of real world Seattle. It is home to the Big Three, and is often the backdrop for the Heroes.
4. Sunrise City: Sunrise City is the southeastern-most Ward, and is located just west of Yellowstone National Park.
5. Mactire: Mactire is the smallest Ward, located just south of Central Ward. In 2016, the Ward Council unanimously voted to restrict travel to and from the Ward.
6. Verne Ward: A largely commercial Ward, with the first true Arcology of the modern era, Clarke Plaza. Roughly equivalent to Tokyo’s Akihabara.
7. Widbey Ward: Comprised exclusively of islands in the Puget Sound. Most are either privately or corporate owned. Whidbey Island is one of the few exceptions, with half the island serving as a training facility for Cascadian military and law enforcement personnel. The rest of the island serves as a rustic shopping and dinning town for the ward’s wealthy elite.
8. Nadezhda Ward: One of the most rundown wards in Everton. The Russian mob has such a stranglehold that police and Everton officials are almost never seen here alive. Just about any illicit good is freely sold here.